May 30th – Club Assembly
Micah called the meeting to order and Julian Griffin opened the meeting with the Invocation and pledge.
- Ira from the Summit Club in Greensboro
- Pete Beck
- Dianne Person, Elon University
- Rodney Heron, Apple Bell Johnson
- John Bachelor
- Chad Lewis, Burlington Police Department
- Western Alamance Interact Club – Board (Kevin, Lee, Genevieve, Jessica, Hanna)
- District Rotary Induction Ceremony is at the Winston-Salem Dash Baseball game on June 24th. Please sign up or let Micah know if you plan to attend.
- A pack-a-thon will take place at Holly Hill Mall on June 22, 23, and 24. Micah will have more information about this event.
Member Spotlight – Kathleen Patterson
- Kathleen Patterson is the Downtown Development Administrator for the Town of Elon. Her job in a nutshell is to grow the downtown by supporting current businesses and by developing the other areas of downtown to include commercial and new residential.
- She is an Army Brat, born in Ft. Huachuca, AZ, and a Certified Rescue SCUBA Diver.
- If she was famous she would be famous for reading.
Micah updated the group about the survey being prepared. He will have the link to everyone and a paper copy next week.
Chad Laws, Burlington Police Department, accepted the donations for the Junior Police Academy. Donations were made by the club, Brian Dement, and the Western Alamance Interact Club.
The Western Alamance Interact Club members gave an update on their activities and thanked the club for their assistance. They have 59 paid members now. They conducted over 400 hours of community service, collected 1200 cans of food, sent 8 members to the High Point University Leadership Academy, received their international charter and held a pinning ceremony, and raised money for the Junior Police Academy. Their goals for the next year are to hold a 5K, perform service at a retirement home, and develop a large project that involves all of the clubs of Western Alamance High School.
The raffle was held and the winning card was not drawn. The pot continues to grow…
The meeting was adjourned and we all stood to recite the Rotary Four Way Test. Until next week…