January 31 – Club Assembly
Micah Fox called our meeting to order and Charlie Cobb led our prayer and pledge.
- Welcome guest Jeff Bright formerly with Alamance Community College.
- Our annual Rotary Birthday Luncheon will be on THURSDAY 2/16. No meeting on the 14th.
- Reverse Raffle will be held on Friday March 18th from 4:00-6:00 at The Oak House in Elon. All proceeds will benefit the Junior Police Academy. Tickets will be $50 each and will include 2 free drinks and hors d’oeuvres.
- Carolyn will have girl scout cookies available today and next week for anyone interested.
Micah led our Club Assembly which was a discussion of how we can grow and improve our club. The following is summary of our discussion:
Why I joined Rotary?
- Get to know people
- Someone asked me
- Give back
- Greater good
- Not a sales club…purpose of service
- Example of a coach/mentor
- Told to
Why I stay in Rotary?
- Given me a lot, trying to give back
- Programs – learning what’s going on in the community
- Polio Plus
- Known entity
- Good time of the day
- Feeling connected to Rotarians around the world
- It reminds you and renews your sense of humanity as we do good around the world
- Four Way Test
- Prayer and national anthem
- Impact on local and international communities alike
- Helping youth
What are the problems? What are we doing that we shouldn’t be doing? What are we missing that we should be doing?
- Too often
- Same programs each year asking for money
The meeting was adjourned and we all stood to recite the Rotary Four Way Test. Until next time…